Admission process and Registration for international students
To attend Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption College, candidates must complete these two steps:
- Admission Request, entailing a review of your academic record (report cards). An admission request may be submitted at any time. It will be reviewed according to reception date and places available.
To be admitted, students must freely consent to attending the school, and demonstrate the capacity to pursue secondary studies.
- Official registration entails registration of the student, and also registration of the student's choice of courses, program and profile. Official registration is only for students who have been accepted.
Step 1: ADMISSION REQUEST
1.1. Complete the Admission Request Form
1.2. Send it to the College (Obligatory):
- admission form duly completed;admission_request.pdf
- a LEGIBLE photocopy of birth certificate;
- A report card showing academic results for the preceding year, as well as the year in progress.
1.3. The decision by the Admissions Committee will be made quickly, and written confirmation will follow by email.
Step 2: REGISTRATION
2.1 If your child is accepted, you will receive the following documents by email:
- An acceptance letter from the College;
- An official registration form and course selection (to complete);
- A document to obtain a Québec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) (to complete);
- A parental authority declaration (to complete);
- Information for bank transfers.
2.2 School fees
You must make a deposit of $1,000 (deducted from school fees) + $300 to cover the cost of opening a file and applying for a Quebec Certificate of Acceptance.
2.3 You must return all the completed documents to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.4 To study in Québec
To study in Québec, it is necessary to obtain a Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ), which we undertake to get for your child. The procedure is carried out at the Québec Immigration Offices. To enable us to proceed with the request, you must complete the application form for a Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) in blue ink, and return it to us by registered mail.
Step 3: REQUEST FOR A CANADIAN STUDENT VISA
To study in Canada, the parents of students of minor age must obtain a student visa from the Government of Canada. The College cannot make this application for you.
3.1 You must apply for a student visa issued by the Government of Canada.
When we receive the Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ), we will send it to you by registered mail with the College's original letter of acceptance and a Sponsored Dependent Declaration (declaration of guardianship). These documents will enable you to make the request for a student visa to the Canadian government.
Here is the link for the Immigration Canada website: Immigration and Citizenship
PAYMENT OF ANNUAL FEES
A bank transfer should be made to Collège Notre-Dame-de-L'Assomption. Address: 225 St-Jean Baptiste Street, Nicolet, Québec, CANADA, J3T 0A2
Contact information for bank transfer:
Bank : Caisse centrale Desjardins, Montréal, Canada
Swift Code: CCDQCAMM
Complete the form, OR contact us so that we can mail you the Admission Request Form and other relevant documents about the College.